Georgia State will host its 104th Fall Commencement Tuesday, Dec. 11 through Wednesday, Dec. 12 at Hank McCamish Pavilion. These ceremonies are for bachelor’s degree candidates ONLY and will be ticketed. Perimeter College will hold ceremonies for associate degree candidates on the Clarkston campus. Graduate-level ceremonies will be managed by each respective college or school. The Ph.D. Commencement and Hooding will take place separately, as always.
DATE AND TIME
TUESDAY, DEC. 11 AT 7 P.M. (DOORS OPEN AT 5:30 P.M.)
- Andrew Young School of Policy Studies
- Byrdine F. Lewis College of Nursing and Health Professions
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of the Arts
- J. Mack Robinson College of Business
- School of Public Health
WEDNESDAY, DEC. 12 AT 10 A.M. (DOORS OPEN AT 8:30 A.M.)
- College of Arts and Sciences
Hank McCamish Pavilion
965 Fowler St NW, Atlanta, GA 30318
Commencement at McCamish Pavilion is a ticketed event.
- Each bachelor’s degree candidate is allotted six tickets.
- Candidates must RSVP to receive the allotted amount of tickets.
- Tickets will be available to bachelor’s degree candidates on Thursday, Nov. 29.
- No guest entry will be permitted without a ticket.
- All tickets are general admission. Seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Children under the age of three who can sit on a guardian’s lap do not need a ticket.
- Tickets obtained from unauthorized sources may be invalid or stolen.
- Guest overflow viewing will be available in O’Keefe Gymnasium behind McCamish Pavilion and no tickets are required for overflow.
Parking and Transportation at McCamish Pavilion
*High volumes of traffic are expected in the area. Please consider using public transportation or other ride-sharing services.
McCamish Pavilion is served by two MARTA rail stations: the North Avenue Station and the Midtown Station. The closest station to the Commencement ceremonies is the Midtown Station.
Guests with a valid handicap parking tag may park on Fowler Street. More parking details will be made available shortly.
No guest entry will be permitted without a ticket.
To ensure the safety of degree candidates, guests and faculty, and to comply with relevant laws and regulations, all individuals and bags are subject to inspection prior to entry.
- Bags that exceed 10” x 14” x 5”
- Outside food or drink
- Alcoholic beverages
- Animals (except for certified service animals)
- Bicycles, rollerblades, scooters & skateboards
- Confetti or silly string
- Artificial noise makers
- Explosives, fireworks & items deemed hazardous
- Large signs, banners or flags judged to be offensive
- Laser pointers
- Weapons of any kind
- Wrapped gifts
For guests who are deaf or hearing impaired, a Communication Access Realtime Translation reporter will generate captioning for the video screens.
Americans with Disabilities Act seating is available in the top row of each 100-level section. Because of high demand, this area is strictly reserved for our ADA patrons plus and companion. Additional party guests are encouraged to use the seating in front of ADA section. Speak with the ushers located at the top of each section near the ADA seats.
Wheelchairs will not be available at the venue. For guests requiring a wheelchair, contact one of the private rental companies:
- Accucare Medical Equipment, 770.512.0090
- Complete Home Medical Equipment, 404.292.6525
- Enterprise Medical Services, 770.788.1505 or 866.607.1612
Guests with a valid handicap parking tag may park on Fowler Street. Guest drop-off and pick-up is at the Louise and Leo Benatar Entrance off 10th Street.
Concessions will be available for purchase during Commencement at McCamish Pavilion. Outside food and drink are not permitted.
Each degree candidate will be photographed as he or she walks across the stage. For more information, contact GradImages at 800 261-2576, online at www.gradimages.com or email email@example.com.
Following the ceremony, GradImages photographers will be circulating outside Georgia State Stadium to capture additional candid photographs of degree candidates and their families. The GradImages staff will be wearing red vests, so they’ll be highly visible and easy to locate.